Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: pekin batam id's needed  (Read 1906 times)

john2708

• Joined Jan 2011
pekin batam id's needed
« on: August 17, 2012, 04:48:23 pm »
hi i have been given 6 pekin bantams still young and just wonted some one with more experience of this breed to id them for so i know which colours they are so i can breed true to form

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

hope you can help

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: pekin batam id's needed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:52:45 pm »
Don't look like pure colours to me......non I've seen anyway. Someone else may know better though

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:16:14 pm »
I thought the same.
Have you been told that they are pure colours?
I don't have experience of all the colours available and they are only young birds and may change as they get their adult plummage. One looks a bit like a Partridge Pekin but maybe not pure.
Maybe someone with more knowledge will come along soon.

john2708

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 05:40:06 pm »
no i havnt been told they are pure they were given to me i was just intrested to see if they were pure colours thanks for the replys

SheepishSophie

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Derbyshire
  • An aspiring shepherd
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »
4 and 2 look Partridge-esque but ours had a more definitive penciling at a much younger age than those. I tried to get the pictures but they're on instagram :( Personally, and I'm no expert, I'd say that none of them look... neat enough.. to be pure.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 06:32:23 pm »
Yes, pencilling more defined on mine too.

But ...... on a positive note ...... we have some mixed colour pekins who have been really good little layers. The mixed colour peeks tend to lay far more eggs than the pure colours and ours lay bigger eggs too. We have some really nice looking ones also.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS