Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted Pet sheep or Goat(s) West Wales area  (Read 3398 times)

griffin036

• Joined Jul 2012
Wanted Pet sheep or Goat(s) West Wales area
« on: July 23, 2012, 04:50:27 pm »
Hello,

Does anyone have sheep or Goat(s) suitable as pets as a companion for my Pony who lost his old friend and companion at the weekend and is very subdued and lonely.  :(  Must be easy to handle/kind temperemant.

We have a smallholders number and can offer a kind and loving home. Free or limited funds available. Pembrokeshire/Carmarthenshire area

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: Wanted Pet sheep or Goat(s) West Wales area
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:53:26 pm »
Awwww, sorry to hear that griffin036.   Can I ask what his old companion was?  Was it another pony or a sheep ... or maybe a goat?
....and Welcome to the Forum  :)
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

griffin036

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:22 pm »

Hi :wave:  Thanks for the welcome

I lost my old boy 17.3hh Warmblood gelding he was 25 yo and we think he might have had a heart attack or just died in his sleep (hopefully) I found him in the field on Sat morning  :(   Now my poor Exmoor Pony is left all alone with only the chickens as friends.

Dont want to take on another equine at present as Im 7 months pregnant, hence asking for sheep or goateee :)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:26:18 pm »
Oh heavens - what a shock, so sorry to hear that - but he had a good innings and was well loved by the sound of it.   I have an aged Welsh mare along with 3 other hooligans, but can quite understand that at 7m pregnant you don;t want to take on another equine  :D .      Hopefully someone on here will come along soon with a 'possible', but I'll have a think  :wave: 
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

griffin036

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:04:50 am »
Great! Would really appreciate that  thanks :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 09:34:33 am »
I saw someone with a whether that needed rehoming the other day - I *think* it was a Toggenburg(goaty!) as it struck a cord that if I didn't already have 2 of them I'd have had him  ;)   I'm sure its on here - have a look in goats and marketplace...
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 09:35:31 am »
http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=25942.0

There you go! I think its shropshire so not too far from Wales - you might need a couple though  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 09:52:02 am »
Do you want to loan a donkey?

If you get sheep or goats get a couple as plumseverywhere said.

griffin036

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 11:51:47 am »

Plumseverywhere-thanks I would take him but too far to go unfortunately.  Will definately take a couple or maybe more (sshh dont tell my OH) We have enough grazing after all!!

Omnipeasant-Didnt really want to take on another equine friend, but may consider if all else fails.

Thanks again

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS