Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Showing cattle  (Read 8372 times)

mark@farmhouse

• Joined Mar 2012
Re: Showing cattle
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 10:01:26 pm »
That is great sounds like you had a good day

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 06:38:21 am »
 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:  Many congratulations Rosemary, Breeze and George. 

What's next?   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 09:28:12 am »
:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:  Many congratulations Rosemary, Breeze and George. 

What's next?   :D

Hmm, not sure yet  :innocent:

princesspiggy

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 10:41:22 am »

Now I have to tell the truth - we were the only two cattle in the "Other Native Breed" classes, but you can only compete against the others there on the day.

it sounds familiar. our maya won champion native at lesmahagow in a v similar manner....pmsl
 :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 09:53:47 am »

Now I have to tell the truth - we were the only two cattle in the "Other Native Breed" classes, but you can only compete against the others there on the day.

it sounds familiar. our maya won champion native at lesmahagow in a v similar manner....pmsl
 :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ditto our clover at Egton last year she was only coloured sow! But as they say you have to be in it to win it! Yor turned up on the day and nobodyelse did so good on you and Well done Breeze & George they all count  :trophy:
mandy  :pig:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 10:40:29 am »
Not only that, but they won't (well, they shouldn't) give Firsts to beasts which aren't correct examples of the breed, even if there aren't any others in the class.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mark@farmhouse

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 09:52:08 pm »
just to let you know i have returned from shoe triumphant 1st in class with our 14mth highland heifer thanks for everybody's advice on the horn polishing the only thing was she was the only entry in class but as everyone says you can only compete against what is there

princesspiggy

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 01:14:25 am »
dont tell anyone, jus say u won, lol. its an acheivement just getting her tame, bathed loaded and in the ring. well done. any fotos??
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 07:53:45 am »
just to let you know i have returned from shoe triumphant 1st in class with our 14mth highland heifer thanks for everybody's advice on the horn polishing the only thing was she was the only entry in class but as everyone says you can only compete against what is there

Yay, congratulations! :cow: :trophy:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 09:31:24 am »
Congratulations - well done  :trophy:

Fronhaul

• Joined Jun 2011
    • Fronhaul Farm
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 10:51:59 am »
Well done  - hopefully the first of many ribbons.

mark@farmhouse

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 08:16:26 pm »
I did have photos on iPhone which has now went into recovery mode and looks like I have lost all data and will not restore using iTunes "technology "

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS