Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Electirc Fencing  (Read 2265 times)

Bill the brew

Electirc Fencing
« on: June 20, 2012, 10:22:39 pm »
Hi, I only actually posted as I read regularly but could not find if anyone has a cost for garden type electric fences, I have a rural house with fence all around but I dare not leave my dogs out as they find a way of getting over the fence and a higher one would spoil the stunning open views, also, deer get in so I only grow some herbs in containers. If I had an electric fence all around my 3 dogs, all mongrels, would not be so tempted to leap over although there is now live stock or roads for a distance, so, cheap electric fence at roughly what per meter and whatever else is needed!!  My hens and ducks are in a pen so not too vulnerable to Mr and Mrs Fox  as of yet!!

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
    • Making Life Exciting Again...
Re: Electirc Fencing
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 11:45:00 pm »
Maybe a kennel for the dogs?

Bill the brew

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 09:30:33 pm »
Just noticed a reply, the dogs have a huge shed, I just do not trust one and if I am not watching he may well go under or over the fence and I do not want to make it higher as it spoils the view, we back onto field in a very rural location in Ayrshire. I did think about having a seperate area so they can still go in and out thier large shed, I would hate to shut them up all day like some people, they are used to being free and I am around most of the time and take them with me if possible...so I thought an electric wire may stop them as it does when we are on walks........I suppose I could google and find out but I thought I would try here!!!!!

Mel

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 11:04:39 am »
Bill,
I believe you would have mixed feelings regards this only it seems a bit heavy to use an electric fence for your dogs!I certainly would not use one for them,I would personally say can you not put up some trellis if you are afraid of them jumping over the fences? Try posting this under Dogs on the forum where you shall receive lots of idea's and answers.

HTH

Hagrid61

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 12:12:27 pm »
You can get collar for your dogs that emit a small electric charge when they approach a buried wire, that you place around your property.
These systems are not cheap but are made by numerous companies, just try 'google'ing electric dog fence. You may find one that suits your needs.

We had a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog and the collar / wire managed to contain him.

Good luck

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS