Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pedigree ear tagging???????  (Read 5346 times)

princesspiggy

Re: Pedigree ear tagging???????
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 08:56:51 pm »
im still confused. are you guys tagging non-reg pigs as just a herdmark and not an individual number, ie not birth-notified?

do u understand it skidley? cos i did same as you... ???

robert waddell

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 09:15:34 pm »
cant speak for anybody else      but we do them on a rolling number basis pedigree and cross breeds all have the same 3 letters then the numbers        for us that weigh and weight record every pig it is a means of identifying each pig      some use the rolling number to identify herd book registered pigs others do it the traditional pedigree numbering system   which is on the blood line rolling counter basis
the bpa is not clear on which system to use   and pigs have been entered in the herd book on both systems even listing the herd book numbers as well which is different again    as i said simples :farmer:

princesspiggy

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 11:37:12 pm »
i think i will just carry on and pretend i never read this thread. lol

after a few technical hitches - finally bringing home my new wee boar tomorrow...woohoo

good luck with the tagging guys  :wave: :wave:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 11:39:52 am »
Just to say i do same as Skidley, my latest gilts are GJF71 & 72 then GJF83 & 84 because that the number on their birthnotes, (two different litters) i find its the simplest way for me to keep track.
MAndy :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS