Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pulling the plug on a poorly lamb  (Read 5356 times)

Deere

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Peak District
Re: Pulling the plug on a poorly lamb
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 12:01:10 am »
Hi,
I read this post before work early am this morning and have to agree with some of the other posts on here about having a go at others for not replying??!

I work on a livestock farm during the day and also have a few of my own sheep and am relatively new to this site.

Whether you have a couple or 5,000 sheep as pets or as a business or any other animal for that matter you have a duty of care over those animals.  If they are unwell it is up to us as keepers to do the best for them and when we have done what we can, it can sometimes involve calling the professionals in to help.

Sometimes it's tough work, we've lost a few lambs this year and even a calf.  The worst was loosing a cow which was suspected of being a reactor in the herds TB test (which later discovered after slaughter was negative) standing in the shed with her now orphaned 3 week old calf after the collection haulier had taken her away with the most upsetting moment of my working life.

Sorry for your loss it's never easy,

Tim
Pedigree Ryelands, Charolais cross Mules

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 11:21:10 am »
Please note that I have already acknowledged that due to the circumstances I had not realised how late it was when I first posted. I do appologise if anyone was offended.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 11:32:56 am »
 :bouquet:  Its OK Omnipeasant - I think we all say things in the heat of the moment when we are under pressure or stressed.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS