Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 1915 times)

BecciBoo24

• Joined Jun 2012
Hello :)
« on: June 26, 2012, 01:50:46 pm »
Hi there
My name is Becci and I am a third year Equine science student. I am living in north bristol/ south gloucestershire and loving having some space for the animals!
I currently have a horse- Reuben  :horse:
4 Soay sheep- Rodney, Elvis, Otis and frankie  :sheep:
5 chickens- Ginger, Millie, Carole, Phillomena and Broody  :chook:
3 Duckling that hatched yesterday but are yet to be named  :&>
and the cat- toby!  :cat:
I also have a half acre paddock that i'm currently clearing so possibly next year there will be room for some new additions. Possibly goats?  :goat:
A veg patch full of weeds and a very small orchard (currently being a little destroyed by the sheep! oopsy)
Here to listen to every bodys advice as I am new to everything and always googling strange questions! So any suggestions much appreciated! Also any questions about horses i may be able to help :)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:41:19 pm »
 :wave: Hi BB, answered you on the other question about ducks I think, so we know where you are now!  Don't go too fast in getting loads of livestock and be very picky about what you do get.  If you like horses you will love goats too they are quite mini horse like (and horses like them for company), but they can be a menace too.
Good luck with your place, sounds like you have a good bone structure to start with, always a plus!
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

BecciBoo24

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:56:12 pm »
I forgot to add the 2 pairs of fantail doves!

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:31:59 pm »
 :wave:  Hi and welcome from Powys.

We have 7 Soay ewes and 9 lambs, amongst our other critters.

BecciBoo24

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 06:15:11 pm »
I do love the soays and they can really jump! prefer to eat our trees than the grass tho! We only have whethers so no breeding for us maybe in the future I will venture in to breeding and get some ewes and a ram!
 :sheep:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »
Hi & welcome from West Scotland Becci  :wave:
If you've got half an acre that needs clearing, why don't you consider getting some weaners in to do it for you?  There's bound to be some folks on here with piglets down your way.  You'll also get some lovely, free-range pork as a by-product  :yum:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »
Hello and welcome from rainy :( Carnoustie  :wave:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 07:38:14 am »
Hello and welcome from Durham   :wave:

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:15:20 pm »
Hello and welcome from West Yorkshire  :wave:

deepinthewoods

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 01:44:55 pm »
hello from sunny cornwall :thumbsup: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS