Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kid pic  (Read 2608 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Kid pic
« on: June 20, 2012, 01:23:02 am »
Not easy getting three energetic kids to stand still, so this pic took  a few attempts to get them all in the photo!!

These are 6 weeks old.  Mum is Wytsend Alyce and Dad is Wytsend Darren.  The darker one is the male - he has the most enormous ears!!

And these are the kids born on Thursday.  The male is on the left, the one in the middle, is the tiny one - probably a third in size compared to the other two!!

Mum is Wytsend Bramble, and dad is Wytsend Darren

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:30:31 am by Roxy »

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: Kid pic
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:24 am »
They look great....well done.    Wouldlove to see a pic of Bramble's udder this year.
Contact Anne Freeman    .......Mercian Milk Recording Club....... 01886 880498
Ann will give you the detail and send you the forms to record......think it would be an advantage.   Brambles mum gave 1430litres in 308 days  which is excellent.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:20:27 am »
Most people want to see kid pics, and Wytsend wants an udder photo ;D !!!!  She does have a large udder, and massive teats to go with it.  Will take a pic for you, now, and then again in a few weeks as obviously she will increase her milk yield.

I have left the kids on her a few days, mainly to help the little one, who I am supplementing with bottles.  But .....a couple of days ago, I noticed Bramble still had the most enormous udder come evening milking, strange, with three kids on her.  Anyway, milked her out.  Got to do Alyce, and nothing!!!  I have watched carefully, and Alyce has taken on the kids.  Well, nothing as strange as goats - only a few weeks ago, Alyce decided mother hood was not for her, and gave her triplets to me for bottle feeding!!!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 11:23:20 am »
Oh, they are very sweet  :love: All their ears are enormous  :D compared to mine, who have pricked ears.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 11:27:40 am »
Forgot to say that Anna the tri coloured, is the one who was very ill over the Jubilee bank holiday with Meningitis.  She went downhill a little, but its lovely to see her running round in the sunshine, looking so much better.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 11:04:35 pm »
husband says ... how  much for the little spotty one in the middle?!

they are lovely, everyone hear says " ahhhh!"  :goat:
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 12:33:42 am »
Little Blue ....I thought your husband only liked black and white things :) ?!!!

Oooh, I have a nice black and white goat!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 11:06:24 pm »
and white-with-spots-things! especially but not exclusively black & white...

he suggested swapping WIllow (but I know he doesn't mean it!)
Little Blue

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »
 :love:  :goat: they are sooooo cute, i just need somewhere to keep some  :(     they've got some growing to do to fit into those ears   :D

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:44:52 pm »
soft soft soft and  :eyelashes:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 10:58:21 pm »
gorgeous.   :love: :love: :love:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS