Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: reaction to spot on  (Read 4406 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
reaction to spot on
« on: July 04, 2009, 07:56:38 pm »
I first used the worming treatment you put on the skin with my cat, before she had tablets which are no longer available. The area looks now really raw and crusty, I wonder if she scratched it like that or if her hair fell out by itself? :&>

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: reaction to spot on
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 11:05:27 pm »
I have around 20 farm cats and have always used spot on ....never had one react against it, but have noticed once they feel the stuff on their skin, they do try and scratch.  Maybe this is what your cat has done?  I would keep an eye on the area you put the spot on, on, and if it gets no better speak to your vet or frontline people about it.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:45:44 pm »
Sorry to hijack this thread.......

My cat's just had kittens,2 weeks old,and the mother needs treating with spot on. Is it advisable to treat the mother at the moment given the close proximity to the kittens?  Sorry,but my French isn't up to the standard of reading the back of the packet out here......... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 07:34:30 pm »
I don't think you can use it on lactating animals, Ree.  Best thing is use a nit comb and kitchen roll to get most fleas off her. Comb them out, put on white kitchen roll, fold it up and burn or put down the loo.  I think you can worm them if that is what's required.  I worm bitches at 3 weeks along with the pups just as they start weaning.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:48:56 pm »
Hi,
I would not recommend using this on a Mammy cat as it could poison the Kittens!.  :'(
I have never had a problem using spot on my self and we have 14 cats and kittens.  ::)
Try what Doganjo said with the nit comb the cat will love the attention anyway.
Kind regards
Joe :)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 10:23:19 am »
OO000ooo  forgot I had posted here. Thanks Annie and Joe,she does indeed,enjoy the attention......Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS