Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: poisoning  (Read 5214 times)

fosse

• Joined Mar 2009
poisoning
« on: April 02, 2009, 06:53:31 pm »
Last week our much loved and very special cat died from eating a poisoned mouse or rat. We took her to the vet as soon as we realised there was something wrong but the indignities that she suffered were dreadful ,drips blood letting for samples, injection after injection and all for nothing . I know that we have to do our best for them but I was wondering if I would have been better advised to just have made her vomit at the time and just kept her warm and comfortable here at home where she was happy rather than have such a stressful death for her? Has anyone had any experience of how to handle this?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: poisoning
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:35:34 pm »
I would have done the same as you. You did your best - who's to say the other option would have been any better.

fosse

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 06:26:53 pm »
thankyou for your support I just feel so inadequate about the whole affair Lx

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:19:21 am »
If you had not taken her to the very you would have been worried and upset that you did not give her the chance of treatment that may have save her. My thoughts are with you had such a sad loss.  :cat:

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 08:02:09 pm »
You did your best - we can't do more. So sorry for you loss - I love my cats and grieve when they go.
I always swear blind I won't have another... and put myself through the pain again ... but they have a way of getting into your life, don't they?!
Carole. :cat:

sandy

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 11:07:44 pm »
It's hard to know what to do, on a similar vein, I remember my dad going into hospital with a stroke, he had never been ill before and as he was weighting to be collected by the ambulance it was an unsaid understanding that he more than likely was not comming home again!!!! it was soooooo sad, he was in hospital for  weeks having all the treatment, tubes, probes etc etc and he died and I wished he could have just stayed at home,no messing, and gone to sleep...how can we not feel guilty, we provide care but only prolong the inevitable :'(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS