Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Welcome To Summer!  (Read 3913 times)

Victorian Farmer

Welcome To Summer!
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:02:39 am »
Summer is with us at last - the Netweather full summer forecastwill be issued later on today so please keep an eye out for that. For this weekend though the scene has been set in recent days, and that is for the weather to become cooler, and wetter at times with some potentially very wet weather arriving late Saturday and into Sunday from the southwest. Picking up the story today it's a fairly cloudy picture across much of the UK with breaks at a premium but not entirely non existent. There's some rain around too, and although it'a mainly light in nature, a few more showers will spring up across many parts during the day. Temperatures are still pleasantly warm in the south with the high teens to low twenties likely, but head further north and it's cooler with the mid teens at best. Into the jubilee weekend and we start on a similar note to today with a good deal of dry weather to be had on Saturday but it's still cool - particularly in the cloudiest spots with scattered showers. Rain will be moving across Ireland during the day also reaching the southwest of England into the afternoon, slowly spreading northeast through the evening and overnight. Some of the rain will be heavy and it'll hang around for much of the day Sunday across much of Southern England, Wales, East Anglia and the Midlands. The northerly extent is still a little uncertain and to the north of the band it shouldn't be a bad day - still cool and often cloudy but mainly dry with just a scattering of showers. It'll take a little while for the rain to clear the south into Monday, but away from here it's another very similar day again. After a chilly start Tuesday may see temperatures heading back up toward the high teens where the sun breaks through, but more rain will be making it's way toward the UK from the southwest again.. JuneJune is currently expected to have higher than average pressure across the British Isles, meaning that rainfall will for many regions be below or close to average levels. It's worth noting though that the forecasting model does forecast some periods of higher which may see some locations ending up with a wetter than average month. Temperatures are widely expected to be warmer than normal, although for central and eastern England it may be fairly close to average.   
Temperature: Slightly above average
Precipitation: Close to average
First half
The first half of the month looks set to bring mixed weather, with all parts of the country seeing showers or longer spells of rain at times. Temperatures over the period will probably be slightly above the seasonal average, especially in the south east where some warm sunny days are possible. Overall though these will probably be offset by cooler and wetter days with the possibility of some heavy rainfall in places, especially, but not exclusively in central and western parts.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:07:16 am by Victorian Farmer »

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Welcome To Summer!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:44:30 am »
Thanks, waterproofs for bank holiday show then,just in case. :thumbsup:

Looks like we had the summer a few weeks ago then  ::)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 01:51:15 pm »
So that mahooooosive Beacon they've built, that is right near my goats, that's been worrying me because we are going to spain on sunday and they(the parish council) are planning to light it for the Queen's jubilee on Monday and let off gurt big fireworks, it might actually be saturated with much needed rain and no fireworks could be let off?! After all my worrying, tsk  :innocent:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 01:57:25 pm »
i heard down your way a beacon was lit on the wrong night :eyelashes: :innocent: :farmer:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 02:03:20 pm »
 ;D  strange things happen round these parts  :fc:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 11:34:58 pm »
Sounds like the garden party I am involved in for Tuesday will be inside then

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 08:03:25 am »
I can just see it now " Beacon and fireworks, If wet in village hall " :-J

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 08:05:56 am »
I can just see it now " Beacon and fireworks, If wet in village hall " :-J
hee hee!!! Bangers for tea!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS