Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: chicken breed ???  (Read 2110 times)

crosser

• Joined Apr 2010
chicken breed ???
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »
just wondered if anyone can tell me what model of chicken this is??  i have 2 of them but cant seem to find there breed online, unless there a cross breed..  there quite big and fluffy, and nasty...

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: chicken breed ???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:09 pm »
Dont know if your hen is a particular breed .... but I have one that looks just like the one at the front!!!! My neighbour gave her to my daughter and she is a cross with a good dose of Buff Orpington in her. She is huge compared to my other layers and really fluffy. My daughter calls her .... Squishy Squashy Hen ...... She is not nasty but not friendly exactly. She wouldnt have been handled much as a young bird so that is probably the reason why she makes a din when we have to catch her for any reason. She shouts and shouts and all the cockerels come running.  ::) ;D

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »
I would say predominantly part-Blue and part-Gold Laced Orpington Crosser. The feet are absolutely right and so is the shape of the feathering. Small wings as well. Head doesn't look right though so there is something else in there somewhere.

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:55:11 pm »
I agree with chris, definitely Orpington X,  black rock maybe ?
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

Lagmore

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:28:29 pm »
Hi Crosser - definately Orpington cross Black Rock, we have 5 - ours are over friendly though!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS