Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Trailer Hire Huntingdon??  (Read 3258 times)

crazy_bull

• Joined May 2012
  • Huntingdon
Trailer Hire Huntingdon??
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:33:09 am »
Good Morning,

I had posted a bit about this in the 'introduction' section, but thought it might get a better response here! Does anyone know of a place that hires out small (8-10') livestock trailers, in the Huntingdon/Cambs area? I can only find a place that hires out massive ones, that are too big for my car.

C B

crazy_bull

• Joined May 2012
  • Huntingdon
Re: Trailer Hire Huntingdon??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:31:46 pm »
Well after alot of pondering and getting no where with hiring a decent trailer, I have bitten the bullet and bought a new 10'  :pig:  :sheep:trailer, so should anyone want to hire one in huntingdon, I might be able to do something!

C B

OldGaffer

• Joined May 2011
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:37:35 pm »
Sounds interesting CB, I shall drop you a pm when I need to move my sheep.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:16:06 am »
it will hold its value really well too, so probably a good call to get one. :)

crazy_bull

• Joined May 2012
  • Huntingdon
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 10:56:30 am »
I have looked into the hiring of the trailer and think i have got all the necessary paperwork in place, Insurance is very easy to sort for day to day hire, so am quite excited about trying to make this work. One thing i have to consider is Biosecurity but I think a bloody good steam clean and a dose of Virkon will sort that job out.

C B

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 12:21:13 pm »
you would need to include a cleaning charge    not everybody has a steam cleaner :farmer:

crazy_bull

• Joined May 2012
  • Huntingdon
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 12:36:02 pm »
you would need to include a cleaning charge    not everybody has a steam cleaner :farmer:

Yes i thought i might have to, just to cover myself. Not sure how the local service station or tescos would view a livestock trailer being cleaned out before coming back to me!!

C B

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 12:49:32 pm »
some hire rs would clean and disinfect others just would not bother     the hire industry is full of success's and failures  good luck on your venture  :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS