Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: chicken babysitter wanted  (Read 2191 times)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
chicken babysitter wanted
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:10:54 pm »
So, i'm planning on getting some chickens, but i've got a wee problem

i'm off on holiday in october for 2 weeks and don't realy have a reliable friend/neighbour that can let the chickens out, feed/water and check them out and then put them to bed at night when i'm away

i'm also a bit worried that if i let them free range round the garden they'll get used to it and won't take too kindly to be kept in the run while i'm away

so just wondering if there is a chicken babysitting service in/around linlithgow??

i'm only planning of getting 3/4 this year to see how things go, but maybe more next year

there is the possibility that i might just have to put them in the pot before i go on holiday and replace them when i'm back!!!  :o

jawspawsclaws

• Joined Apr 2009
Re: chicken babysitter wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 04:52:23 pm »
Hi there,
What kind of chickens are you planning to get as, if they're different to mine (12 hybrids and 2 Marans) then they could maybe come for their holidays to my place if your stuck!!  Other than that I would say don't get them till you get back :chook: :chook:
Sandra

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS