Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi from Co Clare in Ireland - Do you want to Smallhold this lovely place?  (Read 2946 times)

irishmist

• Joined Apr 2009
  • County Clare Ireland
    • GrowForIt
Hello Everyone!

I have returned to the UK from magical County Clare in Ireland due to family reasons, I miss the place badly. We have a 2 acre south facing smallholding that I would describe as being secluded yet not remote. I have just posted this

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php/topic,2456.0.html

as I am offering the place to the "Right Couple" to be able to enjoy and live there.

I am going over soon to finish a cabin which is on the holding for the use of whoever goes to smallhold in my shoes, please feel free to take a look and keep in mind that although there are some small costs involved, we are NOT seeking profit here just want to have a couple to live and feed themselves on this lovely land. If anyone is interested please email me and we'll talk

fresh.air@ntlworld.com my name is Andy

www.growforit.eu .......a nice place to be.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:08:43 am by irishmist »

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
Re: Hello from County Clare in Ireland
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 07:07:22 pm »
Shame you had to leave Ireland Andy. Hope  you get to come back. As i'm sure you know it's great craic!n

Morgan (Cavan)

irishmist

• Joined Apr 2009
  • County Clare Ireland
    • GrowForIt
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »
Thanks Morgan!

I could never leave Ireland, only that I have to be away for a while. In the meantime it gives me a great feeling that others will be able to enjoy the old place. There is nothing fancy and no opulence there but it has buckets of soul and is the best place I have ever lived. The people are real, without pretence and warm hearted, the water is worth drinking unlike some of our recycled pi**. All in all one can live a real life there, yes its harder work than your regular 9-5 existance but I always used to go to sleep with a smile on my face there and sleep really well.

www.growforit.eu for a great nights sleep surrounded by nature.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:40:48 pm »
I'm curious!  If you have to leave your place for a while but you intend going back to it, what happens to the couple who take it in the meantime?  Do they then have to vacate or do you intend finding somewhere else back in ireland?  I'm not interested in moving to Ireland myself, like it fine here in Scotland, just seemed a logical question, no offence intended.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

irishmist

• Joined Apr 2009
  • County Clare Ireland
    • GrowForIt
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:00:11 pm »
Hi Doganjo,

No offence taken and it is a logcal question. We moved back with our Son to look after my Mum who has now sadly passed away. Our Son is 17 and has his education here and has his young roots with his friends in the UK now. So it is his consideration that shapes our whereabouts now and for the next few years. When I say I'll be going back at some point I do mean that it will be to the old place up the hill in Clare, but that does not mean that others can't enjoy the place in the meantime. If we were lucky to get the right kind of people then things may evolve with them in some way. I am not against things evolving and never choose to stand in the way of a good thing so anything could  happen. I would not promise more than a year maybe two and then we'll all see what shapes up. The biggest thing I would assure the new people off would be that I would always be straight and considerate and treat them how I like to be treated.
Its difficult for any of us to offer more than that to anyone.

The land has both the old house and the cabin with plenty of room for all so it need not be an issue.

Hope this sheds a little light on things.

www.growforit.eu a place that has a light in the shed.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:46:19 am by irishmist »

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:45:58 pm »
Hey I know what you mean about Ireland, I live in the South East and its a real genuine place to be.  I would have jumped at the chance to go to Clare and look after your land even for a short while, but have now taken on my own project here from scratch, which may have not been the best idea I ever had, but fell in love the the land the scenery the people and the fact that everything is always green (well except when it has rained for days like at the moment when everything is brown and muddy!)

irishmist

• Joined Apr 2009
  • County Clare Ireland
    • GrowForIt
It rains in Ireland too (thankfully) but when the sun shines on that old hill, theres no better place to be!

www.growforit.eu  Where the sun shines.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS