Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BANANAS-----ANTI CANCER?  (Read 2830 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
BANANAS-----ANTI CANCER?
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:38:09 pm »
according to Japanese Scientific Research, full ripe banana with da...rk patches on yellow skin produces a substance called TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor) which has the ability to combat abnormal cells. The more darker patches it has the higher will be its immunity enhancement quality; Hence, the riper the banana the better the anti-cancer quality.
Yellow skin banana with dark spots on it is 8x more effective in enhancing the property of white blood cells than green skin version.
Eating 1-2 banana/s a day increases immunity.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: BANANAS-----ANTI CANCER?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:01:37 pm »
Tizaala - if that hasn't come straight out of the Daily Mail -I'll eat my hat :-D .........either that or Tescos have got a job lot of gone-over bananas that they want to shift!!!

TNF is a protein. The stomach and pancreas produce powerful proteases to break down proteins into their amino acid building blocks so that they can be absorbed from the gut and used to to make other proteins as the body requires. Therefore, eating TNF will not result in increased levels of TNF in the body.

Who would want more TNF anyway? Tumour necrosis factor - despite inhibiting tumour growth (which I suspect accounts for the claims that TNF combats abnormal cells) - also has a number of other nasty effects on cells such as promoting inflammation and cell death. Diseases such as Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis and inflammatory bowel disease have tumour necrosis factor at the core of their pathophysiology.

I for one will be continuing to have my daily yellow banana with my porridge :-).

We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:13 pm »
It didn't work for my goat.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:43:37 am »
SuziQ, 
Note the question mark in the heading,
All I read into it was the astounding news that should win the Nobel prize for medicine :

" Eating ripe fruit is good for you."

Wow .
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:47:43 am by tizaala »

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 07:31:37 am »
Oh - sorry Tizaala - I mistook the mention of Tumour Necrosis Factor and the bit where it said "the riper the banana - the better the anti-cancer quality" to mean something else.

I must be going senile!!!!

Apologies :-)
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 07:53:09 am »
I don't know the orrigins of the info, I got it off facebook via a German " friend " . I wonder how many £ millions the research cost to come up that astounding result.
So, Conclusion     : If yellow with brown and black blemmishes equalls good for you.
then                    : The occupants of Hiroshima and Nagasaki must be really healthy.!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS