Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ear tagging advice  (Read 9243 times)

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
Re: ear tagging advice
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 08:05:01 pm »
Good idea Steve, especially if you are selling on.  And if they lose one, you have the other tag to fall back on for ID.  But I suppose if you have loads of sheep it does add to the expense.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:15 pm »
I have your other tag Bramblecot!!!! Will put in post! :)
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 08:36:53 pm »
Hi Val,  That wasn't a hint!  ;D. Now which of those 15 different taggers will I need ::) ::) ::).  Rambo is absolutely brilliant with the lambs. He takes his patrolling duties very seriously and anyone going in the field gets investigated.  We did have to do a lot of work on the fences though   :D :thumbsup:

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 08:41:05 pm »
Good idea Steve, especially if you are selling on.  And if they lose one, you have the other tag to fall back on for ID.  But I suppose if you have loads of sheep it does add to the expense.

Ive got 102 of em. I just think that 74p is an acceptable overhead.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 10:34:13 am »
Sorry Brucklay , only just noticed your question. We use Ritchy quik eid and cut away the whole of the loop right up to the edge of the printed parts after fitting so there is no turned in flap to irritate the ear and they can spin round unhindered.   Cut away the part between the blue lines on the photos                                       

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS