Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Very exciting  (Read 2463 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
Very exciting
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:59:40 pm »
As I'm sitting here typing there are cheeps coming from the incy behind my chair. At least 2 of my goose eggs are (hopefully) about to hatch. I've just upped the humidity, so fingers crossed for the little babies.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Very exciting
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:00:09 am »
Oooooo! I am sharing your excitment. One of my duck eggs has pipped. 2 days early mind you  :-\ I have 5 ebay eggs and 5 of my own in there so it will be interesting to see if my own eggs hang on til day 28 and if early hatching may be something caused by the post. Any goslings this morning?

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:01 am »
Yay :)

Helen

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:30 am »
Egg-citing!!!  Only set mine in new incubator on Friday - so 19 days to go for me.  How do you adjust your humidity - is yours automatic?  Mine only ready it and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to up it to 65% on hatch day Its a Brinsea octagon 20 advance thingy.  Look forward to seeing pics!

Rosie posie

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:58:46 pm »
Excellent! fingers firmly crossed here  :&>  :&> :&> :&> :&> :&> :&> :&>

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 02:27:54 pm »
Still no babies yet but still cheeping away they are. I upped the humidity by putting a new dishcloth in each reservoir to act as a wick. To increase humidity you need to increase the surface area of the water. You can also adjust the air vent.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS