Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: OSB semen now available from Deerpark  (Read 3622 times)

HappyHippy

OSB semen now available from Deerpark
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:00:42 am »
According to the latest copy of the OSB club newsletter - haven't checked myself but it's sounding promising  :thumbsup:

Bissettdown Alistair 11 R001469OS
The cost of AI is £20 + £8 P&P

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
Re: OSB semen now available from Deerpark
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:39:52 am »
That's good news !
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:57:42 am »
I have a bissetdown aexander and if the deerpark one throws offspring like mine they will be pretty good
Arl

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »
I have a bissetdown aexander and if the deerpark one throws offspring like mine they will be pretty good
Arl
And that's even better news  ;D :thumbsup:

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:18:41 am »
I wish they'd get another Tamworth there. The (very reliable) Royal Standard they've had for years has had thousands of offspring and is in far too many herds now. Plus, he's about seven years old by now.
They did take on a Dreamboy, but he's been withdrawn now - because, I'm told, they had trouble collecting semen from him. Shame, as Dreamboy is our rarest bloodline.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:57:05 am »
Great news, thanks for posting Karen  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

nelson

• Joined Jan 2011
    • lelogisfrance
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 04:07:50 pm »
Great news for us in France about the "Alistair" bloodline as we have imported a "Jack" boar for our two OSB gilts.

We have used Deerpark semen successfully in the past and will continue to do so as they provide a good service to France for us. They  have  4 Berkshires bloodlines -we have used 3. My question is how do Society's? or BPA? etc influence Deerpark in their choice/replacement of boars?  Why 4 Berkshires and 1 Tamworth? and I believe 1 Saddleback on my last enquiry. Do they take notice of the BPA bloodline survey? Or how else do they decide? finance?

thanks

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 07:42:40 am »
4 Berkshire bloodlines because they are the best breed, obvious really. :thumbsup:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS