Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Music to work to ?  (Read 5119 times)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
Music to work to ?
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:05:32 pm »
I am usually outside most of the time but with the rain I am insulating and plasterboarding the bottom of our stairs ( bizarrely they are outside the house but inside the barn.
So - playing some music.

1. What is your favourite music to work to ?
2. Why?
3. What memories if any can you share?
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Music to work to ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:26:24 pm »
MAK,
For me it has to be something fast that gets the energy going. Its not a good idea in the car though as it makes me drive faster. Especially when I had my convertable.

I love Status Quo, Beatles, Queen but currently I am listening to downloads from my iTunes, Take That, Cheryl Cole, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Alexandra Burke.

Lots of music brings back memories e.g Build Me Up Buttercup, bought for me by my first boyfriend when I was 14.  Boy, thats a long time ago.

Sally

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 02:01:28 pm »
I spend a lot of time working on a computer, and listen to a lot of music, sometimes 8+ hours a day.

That means a big playlist so I don't get bored with the same thing. I do better work to some types of music than others. Current playlist includes:

Foo Fighters, Cake, Beautiful South (rediscovered thanks to Little Blue!), Chemical Brothers, f*** Buttons, Flobots, Green Day, Coldplay, The Jam, Moby, Train, The Vaccines, NOFX, The Vandals, lots of soundtracks including Moon, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Hanna, Moon, Tron Legacy, Inception, Kickass and Batman Begins, Less Than Jake, Muse, Van Morrison and so on.

I've got loads of others too, but these are what keep me going right now.  :thumbsup:

deepinthewoods

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 02:44:12 pm »
i m more of a radio4 fan and i listen to radio 5 at work. saturday radios rubbish so im normally outside with the birds and chickens for a sound track. that and the a30. ::)

if im listening to music its when im playing a game of chess or reading. the orb are one of my favourites, or i listen online to radio4a or fnoob.

http://www.radio4a.org.uk/

http://fnoob.com/community/groups/viewgroup/42-Chilled+Chewy+Choosedays+with+Alex+Paterson

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 02:48:40 pm »
It has to be loud  :thumbsup: I listen to a lot of Rock even a bit of glam rock on occasion . Lost prophets, My chemical romance, Foo fighters, Cold play, Alanis Morissette, Green Day, Kings of Leon, Nirvana, Thunder, Pearl Jam, The Cult, The Rolling Stones, ACDC, David Bowie, The Ramones and to chill out Pink Floyd. I think you get the idea ::) I'm a bit of a Rock chick ;D 
 Lots of memories come flooding back but mostly the memories of the wipe lash from all the head banging.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 03:50:11 pm »
Beach boys, Vaughan Williams, 1930's big band stuff. ABBA, QUEEN, Buddy Holly, Dire Straits, Sibelius, Tzaikovsky. Beethoven. Matt Munroe, Dorris Day, Trad Jazz. Cockney Rebell. Simon & Garfunkle, Chriss Rea. Stones. ZZTop.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 04:13:47 pm »
When I'm driving it's Classic FM but when I'm cooking, baking, jam-making etc. it's The Pogues, Flogging Molly, W.A.S.P. and such.

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 06:44:30 pm »
I am in and out the house more than those figures on a swiss clock as my washing machine, freezer etc is in the garage and then I take stuff to the chickens and clean outside etc etc, then as they layout of the house is spread out a bit I have to put music on load.....all I have on is radio 2 as I like a lot of the talk between music but theres a lot of stuff that I do not like, I get very annoyed at certain music and always seem to be near the radio when its on...eg, Elaine Page with break a leg on Sunday, not a fan of musicals...anyway, If and when I choose music to work to, I can guaruntee a sudden change in my energy level if I put something like The Prodigy, Chemicl Brothers, Leftfield, Afro Celt sound systems, Evanesance etc, then if I want to calm down I put on strangly enough Susuan Boyle, most Chill out stuff or Cure, sometimes Amy Winehouse, Faithless to name but a few...I am selective but tend to chose my CD's that are in my top draw as every draw has a different key!!!!!! Tonight it will be David Garret and by the way..NOTHING to do with Lesley Garrett, do not like her at all!!......A bit of reggie, a bit of sole, a bit of blues, a lot of chill out, a bit of Goth, a bit of folk and a lot of LOUD!!!!!!!you should see me move to smash my *itch up!!!!

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 07:27:12 pm »
I hate any music (or any kind of radio) when I'm working. I have Radio Scotland on when I'm driving to work (although, since I've just been told that my contract is not being extended, that won't happen so soon again), but only for the traffic news...

There's enough noise in the world without having to endure extra while I'm trying to concentrate on what I'm doing. And it's not that I don't like music - used to play the piano myself, and would love to go to concerts once in a while... Used to love pubs with live music, too. But not while I'm working!

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 07:36:52 pm »
I have a lot of tracks saved but I like music to be random rather than listening to a whole album.  I can't listen to classical music as wallpaper though.

My favourite thing to listen to while mucking out, fencing, mowing or harrowing though is the audio download of the Economist magazine.  I never have time to read it, but I can listen to the whole edition while doing other things.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Mel

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 08:07:45 pm »
Ooh,where do I start,well if I am working in the house it has to be Trad Jazz,Big band,anything Saxophone-Bryan Ferry and such,, great sax ;D ,Louis Armstrong,Bix,Coleman Hawkins and Ben Webster to name but a few,Beethoven,Bach and lots of other classical,I also like a bit of Zep -Rock and love Soul and the blues.

Whilst outside,we do not have a radio to take out so just listen to nature  ;D unless it is really hot and sunny,then I shall play my sax. :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 08:11:39 pm »
Not music but radio - Radio 2 and Radio 5 Live but not Ken Bruce or Jeremy Vine (is there a more irritating man in the media?) but Radio 4 to wake up to.

Mostly, I like the quiet though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS