Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Veg Plot.  (Read 2434 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Veg Plot.
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:19 pm »
My veg plot is now under water, I have winter cabbage still growing but no new planting yet. If this weather keeps up i will not get anything in. Anyone else with this problem  :(

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Veg Plot.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 09:44:52 pm »
Ours is similar. Thinking it's time to invest in watercress than spring or summer greens  ;D

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »
I am thinking of rice, not even a tatty set yet! We are now having what Shetlanders call the April drying winds, they have a name for them but I will soak the keyboard trying to pronounce it. Hopefully soon I will be planting out, patience is a virtue up here, I planted in haste one year and had to replant the lot  The polytunnel is full of shrubs needing to be planted out but I cant even get to harden them off yet.. Too busy lambing now to think about the veg at the moment anyway. The peat banks need to be started as well but too wet.   Everything will happen at once.
 I see J B has mares in her foaling field across the beach from me so she will be busy as well!( there may be even foals, I cant see without my specs on  I am as blind as a bat without them)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:56:25 am »
She thinks she may get her first foal this weekend. After all the rain last night you can now paddle in our garden. Very depressing. Cold wind, could have snow next. Ponies came in last night with very wet muddy rugs. i needed 3 changes of clothes yesterday.  :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS