Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sneezing Lamb  (Read 5757 times)

cluckyclaire

• Joined Apr 2009
Sneezing Lamb
« on: April 07, 2009, 08:54:19 am »
Hi all I'm new to this forum and to keeping lambs although have been keeping chickens and ducks for a while.

I got 2 newborn lambs on friday and possibly getting more during the week from a farmer friend. one of the lambs is huge and the other tiny (in the farmers own words!). This morning when feeding them i noticed one was sneezing. She was inoculated by the farmer before coming to us but i don't know what for and he is gonna come round and do the other inoculations as and when he does the rest of his. They have a house with a thick bed of straw and a small pen. They tend to spend most of the day out side so have given them some straw outside as well where they like to sit together.

Does anyone know if this is something i should be worried about and if there is anything i should do?

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: Sneezing Lamb
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 08:59:26 pm »
So long as she is not wheezy chested and is suckling well and bouncing around don't worry! If she is wheezy and weak its a 50/50 and ask your farmer friend for advice as he/she sounds knowledgable.
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

cluckyclaire

• Joined Apr 2009
Re: Sneezing Lamb
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 09:03:48 am »
Thanks for that. Didn't want to worry my friend and make him think i was looking after them properly!!! Haven't noticed anymore sneezing so maybe it was just a one of - shes def eating well and was bouncing all over the place when my neice came to see them yesterday afternoon!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS