Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Watch out for that HGV  (Read 2437 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Watch out for that HGV
« on: April 07, 2012, 10:20:24 pm »

I am so angry, I have just bought a 32tonne concrete truck to replace the one that I had stolen in January. It came with a full years mot passed on the 5th of March. A few days after I bought it we took it into the local Scania garage to have it checked over and what we were told was that the brakes were so bad it was not roadworthy. I then called Vosa to ask how it could possibly have passed a test only to be told that it had been tested unladen and although some of the brakes had failed enough of them had passed so although the brake test said fail the examiner overruled it and gave it a pass.With a load on this would NEVER have passed . Apparently this is perfectly legal,the unofficial view is this is a loophole that allows unscrupulous operators and dealers to get dodgy vehicles through test. fortunately we discovered it before it could be involved in an accident or I would be writing this from jail. So next time you see an HGV heading towards you give him a wide berth as he may have no brakes. :o
Anne

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Watch out for that HGV
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:06:59 pm »
That is so scary  :o

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:11:53 pm »
is the supplier paying for the brake rebuild or was it waranted till you drove out there yard :farmer:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 03:09:50 pm »
That is disgusting.   >:(  What a stupid rule.   ::)  Do they think lorries only go out unladen?  Thank goodness you had it checked.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 03:54:00 pm »
OMG :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS