Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Border collie puppies  (Read 4529 times)

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
Border collie puppies
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:45:15 pm »
Hi we have 6 border colliie puppies for sale,bred from working stock but not registered because i forgot to send mating card in. They can be seen with their mum who is very pretty. £250 each 3 dogs 3 bitches they will make great loyal pets only to loving caring homes though.
East yorks
Arl

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Border collie puppies
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:15:24 pm »
What do you mean by the mating card?

The Litter registration from is filled in and signed by the breeder (you) and is signed by the stud dog owner, who presumably you can get a hold of even now?  That is all that is required to register a litter with the Kennel Club, provided both parents are also registered.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 05:21:36 pm »
Its the sheepdog society and you are supposed to send in the mating card before they are born
Arl

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »
Ah, I see.  Bit more strict than KC then!  Still not a bad price for them.  Presumably you can't register them with the KC because the parents aren't?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:40:17 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:54 pm »
Thats right, its a long story but i am more concerned they get good homes
Arl

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:09:58 pm »
Put some photos on here - would be nice to see them.   I'm sure you'll get lovely homes for them.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 07:48:57 am »
I hope you live a very long way away from me........ I am so tempted. My brother and I always had Border Collies but both had the ultimate, that dog in a lifetime. My boy died seven years ago, aged sixteen and I still grieve for him and vowed I'd never have another B.C. unless one was "sent" as it were.
Good luck with finding the best of homes for the pups. :)

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 06:45:30 pm »
Sorry cant seem to get pictures on but only have three pups left now and they are growing at a tremendous rate
Arl

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 09:51:03 am »
 To my mind there's not a lot of point registering working collies with the kennel club anyway, as it has no relevence to their working ability. I've always got my collies from good working stock where you can at least see the mother and how she performs.
 I'm sure yours won't hang about for long Arl.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:52:52 am by landroverroy »
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 10:00:58 am »
Word of mouth and recommendation is the best way to buy a Border Collie.....lovely dogs and clever too!!  You will sell them no trouble so don't panic, always a concern if you have pups that they go to good homes, you cannot always tell!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 11:30:02 am »
The problem just now is the economic climate, and the number of dogs up for re-homing.  Good luck.

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 11:49:50 am »
Not sure about that, they may well be a lot needing re homed due to the economy as people move out/split up or loose jobs but like food, people always want dogs!! We were inundated with enquries and still get some with no adds....there was one chap who wanted to offer all sorts of stuff along with some cash..I was touched but said if the dog costs too much then you will struggle if you have expensive vet bills...I felt so quilty too ..a lot also depends on your location, I spoke to a man selling Labs in Southern Ireland and could not sell them for less than £50, full KC reg as well..he was way off the beaten track!! Good luck :wave:

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 05:21:46 pm »
Thank you all, the bigger they get the more their personalities come through and i want to keep em (gotta be strong)
Arl

Sandy

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 05:24:04 pm »
I get so attatched to our pups, nice to see them go to new homes but we are both suckers for dogs and if some one turned up with one we would find it hard to say no..hubby would love a border collie!!! Photos would be greatly appreciated..if I cannot have one I would love to see one!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS