Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 1941 times)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Pet Insurance
« on: March 02, 2012, 05:21:32 pm »
Hi

I recently got one months free insurance for my cats and the insurer (Petplan) are keen to continue to provide me with insurance.

The cheapest lifetime policy will cost about £9 per month per cat and covers me for things that I will never need such as £1500 for the cats death or theft, £1000 for compimentary therapies ,£1500 reward money and £1500 for quarentine or loss of papers.

If I had a couple of very expensive pure breeds, show cats or breeding stock then this level of cover might be appropriate. I really only need enough to insurance to cover medical treatment in the event of illness or accident.

Do you have insurance for ex stray / farm cats and if so how much does it cost?

Buffy

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:20:06 pm »
none of our cats are insured, after the free period.
The most we've spent is £300 (approx) for the op & extensive after care & drugs for a mangled tail removal/repair.
Flea treatment etc costs a bomb, but that isn't covered!

I think £9 is pretty good in terms of cat insurance...
but could you spare that to put in a savings account just in case of one of them needed treatment?

If they're microchipped, then that company should help if they go missing, with posters, databases etc.

hth
:)
Little Blue

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 07:34:23 am »
we've never insured our moggies and all told the pair of them have cost us about £150 over 8 yrs. Most of that was a ridiculously expensive consultation for our tom when we lived in Herts.
However, we recently had to have one of our kittens kept in for 2 nights due to a virus (she needed a drip putting in etc), that set us back £260. We are looking at getting insurance for all of them now (tho I suspect our 14 yr old tom will be expensive to insure).

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 02:44:04 pm »
Have you spoken to a pet plan advisor about cheaper insurance without complimentary therapies, reward money etc. Often insurance companies can arrange something cheaper to fit your preferred cover. If not then ph around a few, just like car or house insurance, barter with them, they want your custom even if it is less than first offered rather than you go elsewhere.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS