Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Seasons Lamb's  (Read 4195 times)

BadgerFace

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Sussex
New Seasons Lamb's
« on: March 28, 2009, 10:25:33 am »
Have started arriving  ;D Gwendolyn (aka Wiggy) had a single ewe lamb yesterday morning, and Derwen had twins at 3.00 this morning (one ewe, one ram).

Derwen's ewe lamb  :sheep:
Breeder of Pedigree Torddu Badger Face Welsh Mountain Sheep & Anglo Nubian Goats

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: New Seasons Lamb's
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 07:07:46 pm »
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute

rustyme

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:21:02 pm »
 aaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhh where's the mint sauce........????????? ::) :o ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:22:04 pm »
lol

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:26:30 pm »
Ahhh, she's lovely

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 08:34:27 am »
she is beautiful. i w as looking at the breed society site and the differences between torddu and torwen. do you keep the two patterns entirely seperate, or breed the two together any time? I was curious presumably torddu and torwen are the welsh names for the breed what would an english translation be?
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 10:27:48 am »
There IS something remarkeably cute about badger lambs. We have two so far - one more expected - from my 8years olds flock of three ewes. I have seen a lot of lambs born in the last couple of weeks, but these are particularly appealing!
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

BadgerFace

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Sussex
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 10:41:09 am »
I just typed a long reply, then it disappeared into cyber space !!!

The two have separate registers, I'm not sure if others cross breed them, but the lambs couldn't be pedigree registered. I only have  Torddu, but would love to have a small flock of Torwens if I had more time. Torddu means 'black belly' and torwen means 'white belly'. They are lovely sheep, the ewes are wonderful mothers and the lambs are born with real get up and go, plus their meat tastes beautiful with or without mint sauce  ;)

Wiggy, who had the single is one of my oldest ewes at 9, this will be her last lamb though and along with a couple of others will have a well deserved retirement as paddock cleaner.
Breeder of Pedigree Torddu Badger Face Welsh Mountain Sheep & Anglo Nubian Goats

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 10:59:44 am »
thanks for the reply. :) I was also wondering does their fleece have any uses?

I was very interested in the names recently I found out that Penndu is the breton name for ouessant sheep translating as black head and the other standard white sheep are referred to as gwendu white heads;
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

BadgerFace

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Sussex
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 09:30:45 am »
Their fleece is quite firm but soft. I have a lovely throw made from Badger wool - beautiful natural shades, woven in stripe's from cream to dark grey. Don't fancy a badger wool jumper though !!  :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS