Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: pate  (Read 6697 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
pate
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:17:21 pm »
just got given a couple of roe deer livers, mixed it in with the chicken livers 50-50 and went ahead as usual and the results are very promising!

and i just got a pate mould  for a song!

and made a little north african byesar to go with my lemon and chilli olives for lunch! the best way to use broad beans IMO!  :yum:

and sorry if the photos are a big on the large side but photobucket is having one of its funny turns!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
Re: pate
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »
Your pate looks lovely. Only made pate once before myself, will make more when I get my hands on some liver. where did you get your moulds from, if you don;t mind me asking?

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 04:57:59 pm »
I love pate, I make loads from when we kill in Autumn. I get pate dishes from charity shops and just freeze the pate in the dishes in vacuum sealed bags.  Love the addition of the leaves on top, are they bay?

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:30:59 pm »
I love pate, I make loads from when we kill in Autumn. I get pate dishes from charity shops and just freeze the pate in the dishes in vacuum sealed bags.  Love the addition of the leaves on top, are they bay?

they are bay, bay loves pate and especially venison!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:32:59 pm »
Your pate looks lovely. Only made pate once before myself, will make more when I get my hands on some liver. where did you get your moulds from, if you don;t mind me asking?

they are just plastic containers in pic as we use for olives etc, the proper mould i just got on ebay for.......get this....... £5.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 05:36:46 pm »

with the butter and olive oil on top, just got to wait for it to set!  :thumbsup:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 06:28:55 pm »
What's the recipe for the broad bean stuff?  I only sowed mine yesterday so it will be a while before I can make it...... :yum:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:32:05 pm »
What's the recipe for the broad bean stuff?  I only sowed mine yesterday so it will be a while before I can make it...... :yum:

8oz dried and shelled broad beans soaked overnight, 1 tsp cumin, 3 cloves of garlic, good glug of EV olive oil.

put beans in a large saucepan and cover well with water add cumin and garlic and bring to the biol and simmer until the beans are falling apart keep plenty of water with them so as not to dry out. liquidize or blend with the oil to the consistency of double cream adding a touch more water if need be. add salt to taste and pour into an oven proof dish or loads of little oven proof dishes. eat straight away with pitta or tortilla chips. reheat in an oven 150 for 10 or so mins and sprinkle with zaatar if you fancy it. i like a few fresh thyme leaves sprinkled on top myself and a splash of EVOO. enjoy!  :yum:

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 07:33:00 pm »
bye the way the pate is to die for! beautiful stuff!!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:39:42 pm »
Thanks for that  :yum:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 06:25:52 am »
Looks great.  :thumbsup:

We did a venison liver pate earlier in the year which has a much coarser texture than yours by the look of it: http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/food/recipes/venison-liver-pate/

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 09:04:51 am »
Looks great.  :thumbsup:

We did a venison liver pate earlier in the year which has a much coarser texture than yours by the look of it: http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/food/recipes/venison-liver-pate/

i like a very smooth butter pate, don't eat much pork myself as it gives me indigestion so i always make a smooth one. i will put my recipe up later on this afternoon.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS