Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice on trailers please!  (Read 8894 times)

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
Re: Advice on trailers please!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 10:24:04 am »
am i right in saying that trailers for livestock have to have four wheels ?

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:23 pm »
We borrow an Ifor Williams from the farmer, not sure which model it is, but it is high enough for us to stand in, it has barriers in the middle and at the ramp's end, and a split door at the other end towards the car (necessity!). All metal, but wooden panels to go in front of the open 'windows' at the top.
Our 5 large pigs had enough space to stretch out whilst sleeping in there overnight.

Get the biggest one your car and bank account can cope with -the pigs will be more relaxed if they're not in a claustrophobia-inducing little space, and it'll be easier for you, too.

Eve  :wave:

cooper956

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 10:35:54 am »
am i right in saying that trailers for livestock have to have four wheels ?

No you can have small two wheeled ones to 8ft is probly the biggist 2 wheeler you will find but 6 realy is as big as id go any more and you need 4 wheels. although i see what eve is saying rember  there are regs on how much space you can give  animals in transit if i use my 12ft trailer for sheep i have to have a partishion in it as its too big.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS