Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Yet another stray !  (Read 927 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Yet another stray !
« on: February 14, 2024, 04:34:06 pm »
Over the years we have had a number of cats just appear. our farm road is over 300 yards long so far enough of the road. I think people dump them thinking it is the countryside so the cat will be fine. Well there not ! Some male cats the CP have helped us trap as they have made our own cats scared . At the moment I have 3 CP cats who were all feral when we took them on. Now tame but live in the hay barn. Never keen on the house but then the dogs live there, not that they chase the cats. In November we got a visitor. One very thin black and white cat. As it was caught on CCTV I posted pictures on lost and found sites but no one claimed it. After a few days it seem to have moved on but now seen again looking for food. Even tried eating potato peelings that was in the rubbish. We have put food in different places in the hope we can get it to trust us. I think there are  so many animals getting dumped due to rising cost of everything but when you live on a pension you can't take on a lot.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Yet another stray !
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 09:04:48 am »
So sad. Why don't folk take them to a rescue. They don't judge. Thank you for looking after him  :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 02:49:10 pm »
I think Covid was the start of it -many people had nothing to do so took on dogs and cats, and even horses. In fact I saw a story just the other day about an alpaca being more or less dumped on a farm

Well done for taking on these cats.  My last one was from CP.  She had been removed from her previous home for neglect.  I had her for four years, till she was almost 18. She was a lovely couthy old girl, and put up with two rambunctious brittanys who wanted her to play with them.  But I don't feel at my age I should take on another one.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 11:25:27 am »
Well we just discovered there are 2 of them. Could be related as both black and white.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS