Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Roofers needed  (Read 2319 times)

Sandy

Roofers needed
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:11:59 am »
We have contacted loads of roofers who can put our chimney pots back on and replace some 15 slates, but they are all too  busy to even come out to look,,,,,we need some one with insurance and can provide a quote, at this rate we will get our chimney pots put back on in a heatwave!!!!

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
Re: Roofers needed
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:42:49 pm »
Where are you

nicandem

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Berkeley, Glos
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »
from profile Clackmannan

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 05:57:52 pm »
I was working at a property in Fife on Saturday and the roofers were all the way from from the south of England because the insurers cant get roofers locally. 
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

AnnS

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 06:11:15 pm »
Please be careful. Elderly neighbour of daughter got ripped off by some roofers Quoted him £50 and charged £450. This was in Alloa. White pickup.

AnnS

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 06:14:24 pm »
Ummm, thats why were are going for a local firm that did our chimney cleaning, they are not taking any more....from what i hear I may stay with them, Hendersons!! my neighbour wants work done by them too....our roof is water tight so we are OK but there was so much damage, they must have loads of work...hard to pick out the cowboys when you are not in the trade!!!   WHo, Clackmamman, central Scotland

nicandem

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Berkeley, Glos
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »
Its the same with all trades... personal recommndation is best.... we needed a roofer the other day... gave a quote then phoned and apologised later that he had got his maths wrong..... price was £100 cheaper
Nic

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 09:12:07 pm »
We had stuff done last year ( we never have much spare money) it was nearly done when they came up with another problem and the bill took the rest of our saveings..It was correct as we had a house full of Surveyers doing a survey locally and they gave us a lot of free advice...they were a lovely bunch!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS