Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farm park closed  (Read 4404 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Farm park closed
« on: January 08, 2012, 02:25:31 pm »
Does anyone know what has happened to animals that used to be at the small animal park just of the motorway at Kelty in Fife. All the buildings etc are still there but no animals did Baxter's not carry on with the animals.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Farm park closed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:54:53 pm »
Don 't know, they don't look used right enough, but I'm up at Kelty woods regularly with the dogs and will probably be in there for a coffee with my pal this week, shall I ask them?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 05:24:54 pm »
Yes please, that would be good thank you.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:42:53 pm »
It went bust and all the animals were sent off/rehomed. I only know this as my mum met someone at the local feed place (Carrs) who told her this. I think the person she met had got some of the sheep, but they didn't know what had happened to the goats (we were interested in this as the goats were out of my male). Just asked my mum, and it was the sheep the person got- but they were the only animals left. Think it might have been an animal sanctuary, who the person was from?? It was November ish she met them.

I believe the cafe part reopened but they aren't bothering with the animals. I don't know if it is the same people or not.

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:38:27 pm »
Baxters have a restaurant - a nice one too, and a shop - an expensive one as all their shops are!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 06:21:30 am »
I got the Anglo Nubian goats from there 3 years ago. They shut down but the owner, who worked abroad, was just going to keep the animals as pets (or so I was told)! The goats were riddled with worms and I lost the billy within 6 weeks.

princesspiggy

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 11:47:49 am »
is this baxters as in the soup?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 06:13:03 pm »
is this baxters as in the soup?
Oh yus! ;) ;D  AND the preserves And the chutneys.  Baxters of Fochabers is still a family firm - 4th generation

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 12:46:12 pm »
There is a farmer at Fochabers who gets all the beetroot peelings from the baxters plant foir his cattle. They come into the slaughterhouse at Turrif and it looks as though some one is bleeding every where! These beasts are red from nose to tail. Turns out that beetroot make what is normally green a more distinctive colour!
It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 01:12:29 pm »
That sounds so funny,  :D

princesspiggy

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »
There is a farmer at Fochabers who gets all the beetroot peelings from the baxters plant foir his cattle. They come into the slaughterhouse at Turrif and it looks as though some one is bleeding every where! These beasts are red from nose to tail. Turns out that beetroot make what is normally green a more distinctive colour!

im not suprised, a lady i knew weaned her baby on baby jars, it seems that most recipes included carrot, and her babies skin literally changed colour, like shed bin on a sunbed!

australians put beetroot on their burgers, so that beef mite taste quite fine!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS