Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help for one of my neighbours please. Clackmannan  (Read 3436 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Help for one of my neighbours please. Clackmannan
« on: December 30, 2011, 04:46:12 pm »
One of my neighbours has just split up from her husband and he has told her she must vacate the house.  She will have to go into homeless accommodation so needs help to re-home her hens as he refuses to feed them if left there.  She is packing up now and has to be out in about 2 to 3 weeks time. 

She asked me to see if any of our forum members could help.  If anyone can take any of them she would very much appreciate it.  Ideally she would have them back if she could find accommodation suitable but understand perfectly if that isn't possible.

She has the following:
1 Black Rock, 1 Wyandotte, 1 Bluebell, 1 White Star, 1 Speckeldy and 1 Auracana - I think these are all together so are compatible. 

She also has two sets of three bantams which don't get on so each trio must be kept separate from the other  - 3 golden Starbrights and 3 Dutch Partridge

All are hens and to my knowledge all were laying until recently.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
Re: Help for one of my neighbours please. Clackmannan
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »
Sorry to hear that, hope your friend is sorted and feeling happier soon. To far away or would offer to help.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 09:05:44 pm »
I could look after the bantams for her. Have never come across Starbrights did you mean Seabrights cheers

Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 09:36:00 pm »
Thanks to everyone who replied, :bouquet:   Irene is going to see a TAS member tomorrow morning with a view to them taking all the birds till she can have them back, but I'll come back to you again if she needs more help, if I may.

And I misread the bit of paper she gave me - three of the bantams are Golden Seabrights - which just goes to show that I don't know everything about everything after all ;) ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

JMB

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 11:56:38 am »
Hi it's Jo in Callander.
My chickens are currently roosting in a tree (they do this in winter for some reason) so nobody is in the hen house.
We could take a group together.
The only thing is- I like to let my chickens run wild and free. I'd usually pen them for a few weeks and then let them go.
I'm not sure if your friend would be happy with this.
Offer is there though.
Might be easier if you email back if you are interested (you have this from the CSSA)
Thanks, Joanne

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 12:09:50 pm »
Thanks, Joanne, what lovely people we have on here, lots of offers.  Irene is off to Kinross today to speak with another TAS member up there who may be able to help. Will let you know.

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 12:13:17 pm »
Please forgive me doganjo....................Are you sure those seabrights are golden and not yellow????

I'm sorry...........couldn't resist xxxxx

Black Raven

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Nr Windermere.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »
I could help out, but I'm down in South Cumbria offer is there if needed.  :)
Re: golden/yellow I too am a stickler for the correct term and told a Vet nurse at our practice that they are yellow not golden labs! She wasn't happy about being corrected.  ;D So not just Doganjo.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 06:07:08 pm »
I could help out, but I'm down in South Cumbria offer is there if needed.  :)
Re: golden/yellow I too am a stickler for the correct term and told a Vet nurse at our practice that they are yellow not golden labs! She wasn't happy about being corrected.  ;D So not just Doganjo.
I've had a lot of support on both topics - even from my non-doggy daughter and equally non-doggy neighbour.  Thanks to everyone, you're a great bunch!  Sorry, can't join in group hug just yet. :'( :'( :'(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 12:13:55 pm »
Irene came down yesterday to thank me and everyone who offered support.  She has put the hens to Kinross, thank you Jack and Morna!  She is moving to Buckie on Sunday and we have an offer for the hens to go closer if she wants to do that once she'd settled.  Your'e lovely people, thanks for all your help :bouquet: :bouquet:
Annie

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 08:49:31 pm »
Just noticed this post, I'd have taken them. They'll be in good hands with Jack and Morna, adding to the huge chicken community they have there!  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS