Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Another dumped dog  (Read 2326 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

robert waddell

Re: Another dumped dog
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:30:55 pm »
now if that were bankers that had been abandoned it would not be so bad :farmer:

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:02:53 pm »
Tis the time of year I am afraid, I worked for the RSPCA for four year as a cattery supervisor and you would not believe the amount of animals that were dumped after xmas. A few made the news as publicity (that decency laws would allow) and got the usual flack!!! But if you saw what we actually had to put up with that could not be publicised cause of court cases ,after the watershed stuff etc you would be sick .One time the other girl who euthanised animals as I did for the inspectors had a rota she did forty, I did forty from a crap hole of a farm.Another we waited in the PTS room for the vet to decide which of the many dogs from one room of sh***t had a chance or which came through to us.Cats with boiled paws, throats cut, stabbed , dog fight dumps ,all lovingly cared for in our own homes. I am worried now that the' lost dog' branch of the RSPCA has been overlooked for the more cruel side that you would not even dream about or see on family telly. Perhaps they need more support to keep their original goal going

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 08:24:59 am »
He looks such a lovely dog too  >:(
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:42:32 am »
Poor old boy - at 10 he doesn't deserve that!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 12:21:56 pm »
I could no more abandon a dog than I could a child >:( I've had dogs left on my doorstep, but rather that than throw them on the wings of the world to live or die as chance takes them. Poor old boy, he must be feeling bewildered, I hope he finds he finds a good home.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:54:58 pm »
This is horrible.  I suppose the owners thought at his age he would be expensive in vet bills.  If it's right that he was dumped to make room for a new puppy, what happens when the puppy gets to 10?

I fail to see how anyone can have a dog for a number of years and not love it.  And if you love it, you'd want to keep it, surely?  I hope he soon has a good, loving home.

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 09:14:12 pm »
That's awful, my Springer dog will be 10 this year and he has ongoing treatment for arthritis in his hips and an underactive thyroid, which isn't cheap! Even if things were really bad I wouldn't dream of dumping him. It makes me so angry.
Not every day is baaaaaad!
Pedigree Greyface Dartmoor sheep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS