Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello all  (Read 4004 times)

masha

• Joined Mar 2009
hello all
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:41:17 am »
hi all on the forum ,me and the wife decided to keep some chickens so i built a coop ,and introduced some young p.o.l girls into it ,a r.i.r cross ,a couple of sussex,and a lovely black and copper maran ,had them about 4 days now let them out every morning till dusk so they can have a roam in the garden ,even had 4 eggs which totally stunned us as i did not think they would lay just yet ,but alas today let out the hens and all shot off tearing up the turf and variousother things in the garden except the maran she just strolled out and stood about no pecking no scratching which i thought odd as normally she is in the thick of it with the rest ,she just keeps stretching her neck and making strange noises ,the other birds noticing she was not feeling to well started to peck at her is this normall ,so tonight she is indoors in the warm in her own straw filled box with food and water ,hope i dont sound too soft by doing this ,contacted the breeder and i shall be taking the maran to her in the morning to see if she can shed any light on the problem ,i thought maybe she has eaten something she shouldent out of the garden  ::)

minidax

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: hello all
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:12:48 am »
Hi Masha

I am a newbie to this too, no I don't think you are being too soft!  I hope your 'girl' is ok.  Let us know.

Take care

Lu

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 01:35:08 pm »
Hi and welcome. Hope your hen is OK.

masha

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 07:11:20 pm »
thankyou for the welcome, ;D and the maran has gone back to the breeder today ,and having a couple of antibiotic jabs hopefully this will sort out the young gal ,we were offered our money back or a replacement but we are quite taken with the tameness of this bird ,so fingers crossed over the weekend the injections will do there job  :chook:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 08:22:55 pm »
Sounds like a good breeder and supplier.

rustyme

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 09:41:19 pm »
are you all living in a big cave up there ...  there...  there...   there ?????? ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:20:28 am »
Welcome its nice to hear how much people care about their birds, sounds like a great breeder. 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 04:31:18 pm »
I only did that because Rosemary's post was on twice - It was just a joke.  ;D I'll remove it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 04:33:51 pm »
I know ... ;D ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 04:35:43 pm »
Hello welcome  :)
Love pigs; their language, intelligence, and taste.
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.
Farming it runs through the blood :D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 06:05:11 pm »
hiya to you from fluffy

masha

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 02:07:46 am »
just to let you know , i got my bird back on moday the injections done the job, she had one jab sat and a booster sunday she is now happily back home pulling my garden to bits ,and whilst picking her up from the breeder i was naughty and purchased another chicken a copper bibed blue bell ,r.i.r x maran wife just shook her head and said i knew you would come home with another ,am i getting an addiction i wonder  :chook:

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 09:51:15 am »
hi and welcome, sorrry to say you are on your way. I started a bit like you , and now i am defra registered and have incubators and allsorts of hens. I love em.
carl

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 08:13:06 pm »
They are a bit addictive, no doubt about it.

sandy

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 08:57:59 pm »
I would have loads more, I often wounder why I did not discover them before, I had a huge garden once, 2 thirds of an acre mostly grass and trees...we all learn...Welcome

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS