Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ewes swap or sale  (Read 2321 times)

horsemadmummy

• Joined Feb 2010
ewes swap or sale
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:31:01 pm »
I have 4 shetland type ewes (lambed this year) which I am hoping to swap for some store lambs that I can finsish off ready for spring as I have had a change of circumstamces.  Open to sensible offers - we are near okehampton devon.  Forgot to say they have been running with young commercial rams so may be in lamb!  Rams are off on Tuesday Morning.  Would sell if necessary for sensible prices.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:59:32 am by horsemadmummy »

old dad

• Joined May 2010
Re: ewes swap
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:26:04 pm »
hi what age are the ewes? how long have they been running with the ram? what breed is he?

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 08:53:44 pm »
hi there! I also would be interested, though I would have to purchase rather than swap. What breed ram, and how long have they been running with him?
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

horsemadmummy

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22:19 pm »
we got the ewes as shearlings in lamb earlier this year.  they have actually been running with two young rams all summer one is a suffolk type (black face and legs square body) the other is a border leicester type (much bigger but leaner very gentle with an almost roman nose)!  reason for getting them was to start 'growing my own lamb' as I have a large family which is why I am looking to trade them for some lambs that I can run on for my freezer.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: ewes swap or sale
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 02:23:54 pm »
What happened to the lambs you got from the ewes....??? just being nosy! Stores at this time of the year will be the ones who are being run on for next year as not so big, killing lambs for the freezer now will be costly!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS