Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bottles gas hobs?  (Read 15432 times)

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
Re: Bottles gas hobs?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 12:15:36 pm »
Thanks everyone.
I think, on balance, it looks like I will have to have the cylinders outside. Which means moving the hob to an outside wall. Oh well. :)

Baz - your kitchen sounds just like mine! So nice to know that I am not alone in these things.

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 01:34:58 pm »
You don't want to run a hob on propane. Use a butane bottle for the hob and pop it into one of the cupboards in the kitchen.

And yes, one bottle will last about a year. Great value.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:59:35 pm by OhLaLa »

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 02:45:09 pm »
You don't want to run a hob on propane. Use a propane bottle for the hob and pop it into one of the cupboards in the kitchen.

And yes, one bottle will last about a year. Great value.

Oh!
 How does propane cause a problem when run through a hob?

deepinthewoods

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 03:13:57 pm »
it doesnt burn as hot.

Skirza

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 09:24:54 am »
Love gas- live where they drill it- can't get it on mains! Since we've lived in Scotland we've always had bottled gas for cooking even when we were running our hotel. Love it, never had a problem, never had my hob on the outside wall but as far as I know (at least up here) the bottles must be outside and a certain distance from any windows and must be installed by a Corgi engineer.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 09:45:07 am »
We use the big red bottles for the hob on our rangemaster , the connecting pipe was made up to the required length (6 metres ) so you can still have your bottle outside and run the pipe through the wall and under the units to the hob, Using the cooker 2-3 times a day still gives us 12 months use from a bottle.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS