Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: worming  (Read 10214 times)

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
Re: worming
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 10:12:41 pm »
well thankyou all very much for your replies, i will endevour to find out if we are in an area that is known to have problems with fluke and then ask the local vet what they would recommend. definately not as straight forward as i thought but nothing ever is  ;) ??? ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 10:24:36 pm »
Your vet will know what the fluke status of your area is.

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »
when you say vet, do you think my local mole valley would know as they sell it? even though my nearest one is 20 miles away? or am i better off phoning my local agricultural vet for advise?

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 09:32:55 pm »
local agricultural vet, or even nearby farmers. If you have fields close to burns/rivers, anything that is likely to flood at some point during the year you are likely to have fluke. However it is not the end of the world if you have it, I dose twice yearly with Fasinex and that's it. According to my vet fluke does not get resistant to Fasinex, so no swaps/changing to different stuff necessary (just as well that the bottles - very large - last for a few years, as the one I recently bought was over 50quid but is useable until 2014!!!!)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS