NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: E-BIKE  (Read 1688 times)

richard1

• Joined Sep 2011
E-BIKE
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:31:09 am »
Hi all, :wave:
Im thinking of buying an e-bike, Do any of you have one? are they any good? and are there any brands that anyone can recomend?
Also is it better to buy a kit to convert a normal bike? or to buy one from new factory made?

Many thanks :farmer:
Voss Electric Fence

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: E-BIKE
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:53:24 am »
What's an e-bike?  For virtual travel?  ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:21:06 am »
What's an e-bike?  For virtual travel?  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

They're all eeeeebikes to me - dodgy knee.

Next door neighbour has one, battery is charged overnight on charger plus I think to an extent by peddling / freewheeling downhill, juice helps on the uphills.  Not sure how green it really is in that it does consume electricity to charge it, but if the rider would otherwise take a car, or sit at home using electricity, then I guess that makes it green.  I think there may be some that just use the in-travel-generated power?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cow, beef cattle, pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 11:31:24 am »
Ah, I see - the 'E' stands for 'electricity' not 'ether'  Makes sense now!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2020. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS