Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Integrated vacuum systems  (Read 2931 times)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Integrated vacuum systems
« on: October 23, 2011, 03:03:55 pm »
We are rebuilding our house next year and I am interested in having an integrated vacuum system installed.

Does anybody have any experience of these?
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

dyedinthewool

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Orpingtons and assorted Sheep
Re: Integrated vacuum systems
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:51 pm »
We had one in our last house.  OH put it in, ran the pipe work behind/in stud work.

Downside was we had to have a long 'snake' of pipe to get to all the corners as we didn't put in enough  hose-plugins.  It doesn't stretch so make sure you can get to all the corners from the access points.

I loved the plinth 'sucker' in the kitchen - the grandchildren made crumbs just so they could brush them to the 'sucker'

Make sure you put the vacuum cylinder out in the garage as we made the mistake of putting it in the utility room and it does make a noise - sounds like a jet engine. And if it's in the garage you can plug in to clean the car.

I miss it now as I drag a unresponsive Dyson around that keeps tangling it's electric lead round my feet... ::) ::)

You are never to old to learn something new

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
Re: Integrated vacuum systems
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 09:55:04 pm »
MIL ( mother in law )  in Canada had one as do most Canadian houses .. they have a whole footprint cellar so it was easy to see it all fitted and pipes up via the cellar . Their's was put in when the bungalow was built some 30 years ago .

MIL's tube was just over 15 feet long ....a rigid but not concertina tube , it had several attachments , there were ample sockets all over the home including one very close to the bathroom so you could reach every nook and cranny without stretching the pipe  .
All the sockets were on the skirting boards , Mil said several times that she would have prefered to have the sockets higher up the walls for as they got older benging down was slowly but surely getting harder .

One thing they also had was a recycled air exchanger system with an electric air scrubber to take the dust out of the air... that is a big advantage for the new clean reheated air does not contain dust to get pushed around the home .

I also noticed that the suction pipe was quite a smaller diameter than the tube work of the system to ensure nothing got stuck in the difficult to acces main pipe work.
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS