Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Choccie lab with pancreatitis  (Read 4983 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Re: Choccie lab with pancreatitis
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 06:02:45 pm »
Thanks I know it was just hard to get my head round the fact that she's gone. Our boxer is looking for her all over.
Have to get her ashes tomorrow  :'(

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 03:36:28 am »
I lost an Irish Setter the same way years ago, it was cancer. You know you did the right thing but its hard living with the loss. We lost Fallon on the 4th of July and Tanya has only started to pick up in the past couple of weeks. Its been heartbreaking watching her looking for her friend but the other day brought a smile to my face when she started playing with our Jack Russell so I knew she was on the mend. :bouquet:

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 06:57:54 am »
We have poppy a springer too so he has a play mate but Amber was his 'mom'. She was the one he cuddled up to at night even from a pup. He's ok just a bit lost. So sad...

Mel

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 09:57:55 am »
 :'( So Sorry for your loss,sending you a hug xx :'( :'( :'(

Chris H

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 11:08:14 pm »
Hi, sorry to hear about your Lab, I have a pug with the condition, and after the second bout I took advice from Denes (they have a very good web site) Pearl the pug is now on a low fat diet, and has a homeopathic drops when she has eaten a 'NO NO' food, which is anything fatty, and a herbal suppliment sprinkled on her meal.every day. Touch wood she has been fine. Denes has a vet on e mail who can answer queries. I have found that food little and often helps, Pearl has 3 small meals a day, and a small treat at bed time of a Burns Kelpie biscuit.
We try to keep all other food out of her way, and things like the chicken food are behind fences, sounds a pain but the condition is a killer and worth trying to guard against.

Hope this helps
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS