Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Baffled!  (Read 2801 times)

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
Baffled!
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:12:10 am »
It's very unlike me not to hava an opinion, and this is going to sound totally ridiculous, but I can't tell the difference between an egg and a fungus. My daughters came back with what looked like three little puffballs, but where the skin had split it was just like an egg, all jelly like inside with something hard in the middle, and I just am so confused! The thing which makes me think it's a fungus is that the skin or shell in one of them had two small root like tentacles, and is very mushroom like in texture. I can't say I've heard of any mushroom which contains something that looks like a soft boiled egg dipped in aspic, though. Any ideas?  ::) (They are really creepy and the girls think they're alien eggs. They may be right.)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Baffled!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:21:33 am »
This sounds interesting.  Any chance of some photos?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 11:58:48 am »
They couldn't be snake eggs, could they?

If this link doesn't work, try googling 'snake eggs'

Grass Snake eggs
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »
YUCK!! I don't know! I'll get some piccies up later.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 09:23:08 am »
Sounds like old grass snake eggs that failed to hatch, usualy found in muck heaps or piles of old rotting vegetation like compost so the heat hatches them. , soft leathery shell and eggy in the centre ,ping pong ball size,?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS