Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetlands  (Read 13958 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Shetlands
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 08:16:57 am »
That was a grumpy neighbour Sally! As if a few stray Castlemilks would hurt his dairy grass  ::)

To be fair, I'd just let rip into them for driving their sheep past Meg's ark...   Don't worry, they're fabulous neighbours, we're great friends.  And their fattening lambs frequently find ways onto our less hard-worked ground, as he well knows!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 08:20:14 am »
the record so far this year among my friends for buying more than intended goes to my friend David who went to the Hill Radnor sale on Saturday to buy a ram and came back with 2 rams and 4 ewes declaring it was a shame to take a trailer that far for one animal.

BH's favourite excuse, that one, too.

And the other thing I've learned to interpret : "We'll just go and see it sold", means, of course, it's coming home with us (unless it's very dear.)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 08:57:16 am »
My OH Allen has learnt 'I just want to go for a look' actually means 'I'm going to add a couple to the flock' - he's very understanding
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS