Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: planted for the Veg garden  (Read 4565 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
planted for the Veg garden
« on: April 02, 2009, 05:53:39 pm »
okay sown another row of carrots , a row of beetroot, and as i am unsure of the likely hood of the carrots doing anything i have sown some in a tub too.

Put two tomatoes seeds in to the irrigation system.
Planted out some peas will sow some more in the greenhouse.
Put down some organic bran slug repentant stuff (outside)as i try to only uses the slug pelets in the greenhouse untill they are finished up (i think it a waste to thought them out when the container has stuff left in)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: planted for the Veg garden
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 06:03:46 pm »
Linz, you could gather the slugs and snails up for Annie's ducks in an old container with a well fitted lid - they think it's an absolute delicacy! I'm a regular gatherer in some infested gardens (including my own veg plot). Never spent a penny on slug repellents and the like since we had the birds :&>

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:22:21 pm »
don't really have much of a prob (at the moment, but that me got the cures now) in jan i had lots in the greenhouse not sure where they came from went too as only saw the trails. But once all the bran/pellet have long gone i'll store the slugs/snails up for the duckies

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 06:55:17 pm »
planted another row of carrots and beetroot last week
Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 10:40:29 pm »
And when you bring them round you can help me decide where to plant everything, and whether my seedlings are ready.  Any time next week - just holler!  You an come for lunch too.  Sandy too if she wants a break from that  busy little B & B
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:41:31 am »
no slug, bugs for a while as i don't want to kill duckies off with pellets in the slugs but i can pop over next week sometime. I'llgive you a msg on msn before i come over to make sure it is ok

linz (currently over to get here a second of bowl of cornflakes, my excuses i need to the iron and calcuim intake lol)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 11:54:48 pm »
Don't eat for two - I did and look what happened to me! ::) ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS