Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Red Ruby Devon  (Read 3423 times)

spursman

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Longclose Pigs
Red Ruby Devon
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:06:59 pm »
Anyone know of any Red Ruby Devon steers or heifers (unregistered) for sale any help much appreciated.  :cow:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Red Ruby Devon
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:18:22 am »
Whereabouts are you, Spursman? They are widespread, I know but the west country is still the best place to find them. There are a lot near me and I could ask around for you.

spursman

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Longclose Pigs
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:50:45 pm »
I am in Nottinghamshire but will travel.

Bioman

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:07:17 pm »
See if you can get hold of a Saturday issue of the Western Morning news. Has all the sale dates of cattle in the South West , theres always lots of Ruby reds in them. Where I live in East Devon- its choca with them!

The sale details are only on Saturday issues of the paper!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:41:34 am »
Oooooh, pop a nice heifer on a train up to Carlisle would ya?  I love the Red Devons, having lived in Exmoor for many years.  I used a Red Devon on my Jersey but sadly she didn't hold  ::)  (twice  ::)) and now seems to be held to the Jersey.  Never mind, we used the other three straws on three of our Hereford x heifers (one of them a red one), so hopefully there'll be some rubies next year.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Nina

• Joined Sep 2010
  • North/Mid wales
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 09:16:55 pm »
Sorry late - But always plenty for sale in http://www.redrubydevon.co.uk/stockforsale.htm

And big herds in Oxon, Worcs and Cambs...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS