Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig food  (Read 2296 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Pig food
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:37:20 am »
I have just posted this question on the test forum but realise that I may not get much of a response there so posted it here also.

I know that you cannot feed pigs any food that has come from the kitchen or even passed through it.  Can you get veg from the supermarket and prepare it somewhere other than the kitchen e.g. shed, garage, workshop, and then use the veg for the kitchen and scraps/peelings for the pigs?

Sally  :pig:  :pig:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

robert waddell

Re: Pig food
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:55:29 am »
yes that is alright if you have a separate veg prep area :farmer:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:46:41 pm »
Thanks Robert
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:12:05 pm »
I have just posted this question on the test forum but realise that I may not get much of a response there so posted it here also.

Sorry, I should have made it clearer that anything posted to the test forum will be lost when we go live, and is unlikely to get any response since there are so few folk using it.

Please only post important stuff here, and any old rubbish on the test.  :)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:51:29 pm »

I know that you cannot feed pigs any food that has come from the kitchen or even passed through it.  Can you get veg from the supermarket and prepare it somewhere other than the kitchen e.g. shed, garage, workshop, and then use the veg for the kitchen and scraps/peelings for the pigs?

Sally  :pig:  :pig:

I use our conservatory, which is next to the kitchen to store & chop all our veg (& the stuff bought for the pigs too of course  ;D ).  We keep baskets, knives & bowls specifically for the pigs stuff too.  Our AH inspector was fine with it
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS