Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: fave bit of machinery  (Read 3959 times)

katog

• Joined Jan 2011
    • The Veggie Patch
fave bit of machinery
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:09:15 am »
Hi
What's your fave bit of machinery? Make and / or type. Do you love your ride-on mower? What attachments do you have / reccommend? How about a mini / micro digger? muck trucks???
I am loath to invest a lot of money but maybe it would be worth it if it made the work much easier.

robert waddell

Re: fave bit of machinery
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:29:05 am »
 a 1RB with a wooden jib :farmer:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:43:18 am »
a 1RB with a wooden jib :farmer:

I have no idea what that is, but it sounds interesting ;D ???

My favourite is my Kubuta STA 30 which I got a few years ago on a very good deal, as the Waterways people had ordered 2 with 4 in 1 buckets then found they wouldn't fit under the canal bridges so I got a really good brand new machine.  It took me weeks/months of heart searching to see if I could justify it for my 10 acres, (fortunately they still had one left when I went back) but as soon as I got it I wondered how I had ever managed without it. 

Over the years I have got a few bits of kit for it and now have a tipping trailer, topper, wood splitter, post hole borer and pallet lifter.  I have to say it is just lurve  :love:  :yum: :love:  :yum: :love:  It lives in the garage, and the car goes outside!!!!
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 09:58:02 pm »
10 foot flail mower!!

(i) cos it can cope with our stony fields without shear bolts shearing every 5 mins like the topper
(ii) cos it's 10 foot width instead of the 5 foot topper so you get finished in half the time!

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 11:14:30 am »
Honda Foreman Quad Bike.

Have had it since June 2009 and I think I've used it at least once every day since I've had it.  :wave:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Fronhaul

• Joined Jun 2011
    • Fronhaul Farm
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »
I'm torn between my Polaris quad which like Blinkers' quad gets used at least once every single day and our CLH sheep trailer which has meant I can at last hitch up a trailer and go and do things without asking for help.  The 10ft Ifor Williams may be built like a tank but I can't manage it on my own so the little one equals a degree of independence for me and will still take 10 shearlings.

katog

• Joined Jan 2011
    • The Veggie Patch
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 07:35:30 am »
Do any of you have a wood chipper you can recommend?

GeorgieB82

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Saron, Llandysul, Carms
    • Wthan Online
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 03:52:58 pm »
Do any of you have a wood chipper you can recommend?

I'm on the look out for a chipper as well, up to 3in and petrol engined - any suggestions?
Why not have a look at our smallholding - www.wthanonline.co.uk

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 05:17:32 pm »
shearing machine or chainsaw! tractors i can live without but my shearing machine is my baby, clipped 3 ewes this year wit the hand shears and i was soon cursing!
It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS