Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi New member from Clackmannanshire  (Read 3081 times)

AnnS

• Joined Aug 2011
Hi New member from Clackmannanshire
« on: August 03, 2011, 06:25:03 pm »
Hi

I 've lurked for ages and love reading all the posts and info on here. Grow my own veg and have 5 dogs.

We're hoping to move house shortly if we can find something suitable within Clacks or very near, something like a cottage with a wee bit of land I can use.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

AnnS

Sandy

Re: Hi New member from Clackmannanshire
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:29:48 pm »
Hi from me in Clackmannan, we only have chickens now as our ducks proved toooo noisy, we also have 4 Labs and run a B&B in Clackmannan, you're welcome to pop in, there are others in the shire on here too!! welcome from weeshires!!! (our kennel club name)

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 07:48:00 pm »
Hi AnnS,
Welcome from a sunny bathgate :wave: :wave: look forward to your posts

janeislay

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Isle of Islay
    • Ellister Islay Highland Ponies
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 08:06:05 pm »
Hi AnnS - I've just found you on the map - not too far from Tilicoultry with horrible memories of taking a garage roof off with our newly acquired horsebox, some years ago  :-[ 

Hope you find somewhere suitable.

Jane - Isle of Islay.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 08:43:42 pm »
Hi and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

We've just sold our one acre smallholding in Alloa, by the banks of the Forth. Yippee! There is similar for sale with 2 acres, I think on the roadbetwen the Manor Powis roundabout and the A91. It belongs to folk we know but I can't remember which agent it's on with. Might be worth a run past.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 09:07:01 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Ann - I'm on the edge of Clackmannan, down the road and along towards Kennet from the village.  Just ducks  :&> :&> :&> :&> :&> and hens  :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook:, dogs  :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: and a cat :cat:, plus a few  :brocolli: :carrot: :spud: :rasp: :blackberry: :pear: veg and fruit.  Hope you find something - I looked for a year and a half before finding this place - just an acre, could have done with much more. :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »
hi and welcome from moray  :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:27 pm »
Welcome from north Cumbria  :wave:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 08:58:17 am »
THis the house Rosemary was talking about? It looks great, I love house hunting, one thing missing is money!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15966696.html?premiumA=true

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 12:36:11 pm »
Yup, that's it.

AnnS

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 12:45:12 pm »
Hi again

Thanks for the friendly welcome messages. Saw that house but it's right onto a busy road so not ideal because of the dogs. Been obessed with looking at Rightmove this week and various other property sites, lots of places a bit further away but not a lot locally. Property prices seem to be dropping but it works both ways I suppose.

AnnS

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 03:33:53 pm »
Hi again

Thanks for the friendly welcome messages. Saw that house but it's right onto a busy road so not ideal because of the dogs. Been obessed with looking at Rightmove this week and various other property sites, lots of places a bit further away but not a lot locally. Property prices seem to be dropping but it works both ways I suppose.

AnnS
my house is right between the Bypass and the railway line - I have installed high security fencing to keep my very fast hunting dogs in(well improved it rather, as some was here when I bought it), so don't let that put you off.  I doubt if you'll find many properties round her at that price with that amount of land.  I got an acre with mine and it was just under that, about 3 years ago mind, just as the prices started come down - but it was a fixed price deal.  My gates and extra fencing cost me about £1000 if that's any help.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS