Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: in need of some like minded individuals...  (Read 2691 times)

hjbatchelor

• Joined Mar 2009
in need of some like minded individuals...
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:41:13 pm »
Hi All,

I think one of the most important things about smallholding is friends and contacts you have to either help you out or share experiences with. Therefore i am after people...... :)

I live in Sussex and would like to know if there are any smallholders clubs/groups etc... that meet and have events etc... I would love to make new friends and learn new experiences of people who do anything that might be of interest to smallholders. I dont mind travelling, im not after anything for money or selling something, just to make some friends and meet some people whoever it may be.

Does anyone know of anything that might be of interest to me? Also how would i go about finding info on local events that might be of interest to a smallholder like flower/veg shows, agricultural shows, village days, fun days, competitions etc...

I think this whole thing is much better done with friends. I look forward to your response.

Harry.    :pig:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: in need of some like minded individuals...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:54:58 pm »
I agree - although I really like my animals and veg, it's the people that make life great.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:51:56 pm »
try googling local smallholders - that's what got me on here  ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:58:30 pm »
Try your local library and also your local feed / seed merchant, gardening centre and ask if you can put up a poster. :farmer:

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 06:44:42 pm »
the local community hall or if you have a really good community shop/post office sometimes can help

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS