Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What are you doing tonight!!!!  (Read 14663 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: What are you doing tonight!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 09:07:26 pm »
HappyH., you might find a taker if you offer them on freecycle if they still play. I sometimes don't buy the paper although I want the cd or dvd and hope I see it in a charity shop lol. Do you have Nr 1 of Best of the Policeman's Ball, which was in the Guardian the other week? I'll send you postage for it if you want to get rid of it! there seems to be no real solution for broken ones. I tried to make a bird scarer to protect our berries, but they couldn't be bothered at all. They might work if there is sunshine but we didn't have much of that last year...
Annie, how do you make Christmas cards from broken cds??? Give us a wee lesson! :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 09:11:31 pm »
You can use CD pens to decorate them then use padded sticky pads to attach them to a basic folded card, decorated as well.  Or just decorate the DC and send it as a card itself - you can put sparkly thread or wool through the hole in the middle and tie it at the top leaving a loop for it to be hung on the Christmas Tree.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:59 pm »
Hmmm,
The card idea sounds good - might keep a few for that  ;D

I've not had a visit from the in-laws since xmas, so don't have any recent ones Northfifeduckling, but I'll check back to this post when my next batch arrive and see if he's got it - not sure if he reads the guardian ?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 04:57:37 pm »
I'm just getting togged up to go to Sandy's for dinner, See you all later - Bye for now
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 08:45:40 pm »
Well, after an evening of Steve looking for his wallet he found it tucked under his dirty socks!!!! Thanks Anne for comming, enjoyed your company, I could win awards for talking!!!! Hope Bruce gets better soon, he just refused a very small bit of lamb.....vet's tomorrow so I'm glad steve found his wallet!!!!!Heres to another exciting week ahead!!! :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 09:12:49 pm »
Where were his dirty socks though - I didn't smell them................................
Let me know how Bruce gets on tomorrow

sandy

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 09:32:22 pm »
He has perked up a bit more and had a little more lamb and food, we woun't give him anymore but he is improving. Steve socks were in our clockroom ready for the wash, I think he had taken them off to put them in the wash...now he can relax and is back to the land of the living!!!! I need to sort out shifts as the B&B usualy keeps me very busy and my day's are very broken up although I do  like the job and it is handy!!! CU

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 09:33:51 pm »
just thought I'd share a "makes it all worthwhile"  evening. had a very busy day, doing normal tasks round the place, shovelling smelly stuff, planting, sweeping up, and chopping down a row of leylandii which were in danger of bocking all the light in our kitchen. I was assisted by  the lady next door, who despite being very busy herself, stood in for her husband who decided to go on a pub crawl rather than help as he had promised. well any way, I am getting ready to send three pigs to the abattoir in ten days, so i am making room in the freezer. i found a UFO ( unidentified frozen object) which on closer inspection was a shoulder from last years pork. so this was defrosted for 36 hours and was weighed in at 3.5kg. it had it's tattoo clearly visible along with a scar. This meant it was gremlin my gos boar, bless him. i scored the skin with a Stanley knife and rubbed in a mix of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and gave it half an hour on full heat while i ate my lunch and caught up with one or two things. then i turned the heat down to 170 and basted it. i left it in the oven for four hours while i got on with the tree felling, which was tough as my chain saw refused to start and i had to use my bow saw. after 1 1/2 hours Sarah from next  door turned up, fresh from winning a Rosette at  horse show, and turning her steeds out into the paddock. she provided the backup to drag the trees away and pull on the rope to make sure they fell away from our houses and cars. i was in the position to be able to say" don't worry about making any dinner tonight as I've got too much". so we all had the tastiest, softest pork ever, with fresh veg, mostly from our garden. i even let Gareth have some, even though he had let us down. i had two glasses of red wine and have just woken up from an indulgent snooze`on the sofa.Bliss.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 11:20:36 pm »
Sounds wonderful!  Now you can go to bed and dream of that lovely boar and your tasty veg!  Hope they don't keep you awake! ;)

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 08:45:16 am »
actually, having had a snooze i struggled to get to sleep. i was then woken by son in the early hours, who wanted a drink of water. getting up set off heart burn, ( too much of a good thing). still the best dinner I'd had in ages. Slow grown, slow cooked bliss.well worth the discomfort.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 03:32:35 pm »
i'm off to collect a tepidarium (never heard of one before!) apparently you keep lizards/reptiles in them

a guy is giving one away for free on Gumtree, so i'm off to collect it, it has a built in heater and lamp so it'll be perfect for germinating my chillies/peppers

delighted!!

then i'm off to see the neighbouring farmers, i've ordered 8 tonne of compost for the new raised beds, i know they won't get it down my drive and anywhere near the beds, so i'm hoping the farmer will take his tractor down and move it right to the spot i need it in. it'll save me a lot of wheelbarrow miles (even if they are enviromentally friendly, they ain't SB friendly!!)

then i'm having a good soak in the bath - i've had a hard few days

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 08:21:56 pm »
i had planned lots of little jobs this evening. such as cleaning and testing my cheapo incubator to use as a hatcher brooder for my first eggs.( marans and ixworths).
however the electric fence had been knocked off and the pigs were out (  neighbours son is always wandering round after school to look at the pigs and is scared of the fence so he treads on the lead out wire, puling it off the connection). pigs sense this straight away and buldoze`through fence and trot round. took bloody ages to get them back in, I'm shattered now. They only have 8 days left so i had let the fences sag a bit.

sandy

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 10:27:52 pm »
Well after another strange day it was what the Dr Ordered to go out with Islay and Anne and her girls around Gartmore Dam, great place. I got Bruce back even though he is ill it is nice to feel a family again and while having a wee dram and talking about the Tea room (thanks Anne again)  we had a huge booking for 10 people, that will pay for Bruce's vet bill......Thanks for all the genuine support, I had a good day at work as well, very rewarding!!!! I shall finish my we dram now...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 11:24:43 pm »
I've just come back from The MacRobert in Stirling - I was at my grandkids Ballet show - and it was fantastic!  what a lot of work has gone into it, and the fundraising to pay for the beautiful costumes.  The kids obviously thoroughly enjoyed it and we did too - and right at the end they all shouted Up Up Up Up - and the audience all had to stand and dance to Waterloo!  Great night - till I was nearly home :o .................................  suddenly I noticed the car behind me flashing it's headlights - then the blue lamp came on :'(

My first thought was "I haven't done anything"; my second after looking in the mirror was "there's only one so they can't charge me with anything", and the third thought - as I wound the window down ready to defend myself - was "I know who that is, cheeky beggar" - it's fun having a young bobby as a next door neighbour!  He was on his way to MacDonalds with the shift's midnight snack order and he spotted my car as he drove out of the yard and followed me.  I'll have to think of a retaliation !!  Any ideas, folks!
Glad we could take your mind off Bruce's illness for a while Sandy even if we did have to wait a while for Freckles to come back

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS