Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Guests on the forum  (Read 7652 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: Guests on the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 09:34:52 am »
how many members are there dan?

There are just under 4,500 registered members, about half of whom have never posted.

We've deleted 10,000 spam accounts since we started.  :o

You can see more stats here: http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?action=stats

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 02:22:55 pm »
The single most common source of new members is Google, and the forum would never have survived without Google indexing our threads. We get a lot of new members from people searching for answers to their problems.

Yup, that's how I arrived!  Thanks for being here!   ;D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

wildgeese

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 02:24:40 pm »
If you google your real name ie not your avatar, posts you have put on TAS under your avatar will come up  :o. Similarly if you google topics to which you have contributed yours may come up amongst all the others.  So if you don't want what you have written to be known by the whole world (should it be interested) then be very careful what you write.  It does concern me that we all tend to put too much personal info on here.

My real name doesn't produce this result. I tried googling my real name along with key words from things I have posted; no results were ascribed to my real name; any results I did get came up only as "wildgeese".

shearling

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 06:13:08 pm »
My real name does not come up either. Perhaps some do because folk have used real names in posts - because they know them and they slip out. Also I have noticed that some people have them on their tag line or links to their web sites so that would make links directly. But I would like to say I find the site brilliant at being able to get advice, and most folk are really helpful and gentle when you ask the real dumb bunny question  ::) This is because most of us really care about the animals we keep and those that others keep too, which is really great. Its also good to be able to let your steam off in this section and get to know other people with different but aligned interests . Dan does a sterling job at keeping the 'not wanted at bay' (sending back to ebay  ;D :D ) and for watching over the topics. I wonder how you manage to live in the real world - perhaps Dan is secretly a 'real Avatar'  ;D ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »
if u have a website linked to ur account then ul be on google, so u do need to be careful what u say if u have a business etc as nothing is hidden. just keeps u on ur toes ! lol

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 04:32:15 pm »
when you google my real name my avatar name comes up.....?
odd

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS